|Origin of name
|Origin of name
||Its location between 29th Street and 30th Street|
This street was opened and dedicated in 1947 as a result of an agreement between the City of Pittsburgh, J. K. Davison & Bro., and the Crucible Steel Company of America to close 30th Street between Railroad Street and the Allegheny River and open a new street along the western property line of the Crucible Steel Company. The new street was named Twenty-Nine and a Half Street.
In 1964, Eazor Express, a trucking company headquartered on the street, asked City Council to rename it Eazor Square. This was done by an ordinance passed a few months later.
- ↑ "An ordinance accepting the dedication of certain property in the Sixth Ward of the City of Pittsburgh for public use for highway purposes for the opening of a street from Railroad street to a property line 432 feet northwardly therefrom, opening and naming the same 'Twenty-nine and a Half street,' fixing the width and position of the sidewalk, roadway, and berm, and establishing the grade thereof." Pittsburgh city ordinance, 1947, no. 106. Passed Mar. 17, 1947; approved Mar. 28, 1947. Ordinance Book 54, p. 603. In Municipal Record: Minutes of the proceedings of the Council of the City of Pittsburgh: For the year 1947, appendix, pp. 63–64, City Printing Company, Pittsburgh (Internet Archive Pghmunicipalrecord1947). [view source] ordinance-1947-106
- ↑ Municipal Record: Minutes of the proceedings of the Council of the City of Pittsburgh: For the year 1964, proceedings, p. 69. Park Printing, Inc., Pittsburgh. Internet Archive Pghmunicipalrecord1964. This book has several parts: index to proceedings, pp. 3–188; proceedings, pp. 1–511; index to appendix, pp. 1–136; and appendix (containing ordinances and resolutions), pp. 1–500. [view source] municipal-record-1964
- ↑ "An ordinance changing the name of Twenty-nine and a half Street, from Railroad Street to a point 432.00 feet northwardly therefrom, in the Sixth Ward of the City of Pittsburgh, to Eazor Square." Pittsburgh city ordinance, 1964, no. 218. Passed June 22, 1964; approved June 29, 1964. Ordinance Book 66, p. 93. In Municipal Record: Minutes of the proceedings of the Council of the City of Pittsburgh: For the year 1964, appendix, p. 157, Park Printing, Inc., Pittsburgh (Internet Archive Pghmunicipalrecord1964). [view source] ordinance-1964-218