Roslyn Place, just off Ellsworth Avenue near Aiken Avenue, is Pittsburgh's only remaining street paved with wooden blocks—one of only a handful of such streets left in the United States. It was laid out by Thomas Rodd in 1913 and accepted as a city street by an ordinance the following year. The original oak blocks were replaced in 1985, using 26,000 four-by-eight-inch blocks.
- Margaret J. Krauss. "Surviving on charm: Pittsburgh's last wooden street." 90.5 WESA, May 29, 2015. view source] krauss-roslyn . [
- Bob Regan. The Names of Pittsburgh: How the city, neighborhoods, streets, parks and more got their names, p. 59. The Local History Company, Pittsburgh, 2009, ISBN 978-0-9770429-7-5. [view source] regan
- "An ordinance approving and accepting Roslyn Place Plan of Lots, in the Seventh ward of the City of Pittsburgh, laid out by Thomas Rodd, May, 1913, and approving and accepting Roslyn Place shown therein." Pittsburgh city ordinance, 1914, no. 181. Passed May 26, 1914; approved May 27, 1914. Ordinance Book 26, p. 103. Reprinted in the Pittsburgh Post, May 30, 1914, p. 12 (Newspapers.com 86501938), and June 1, p. 10 (Newspapers.com 86501990). [view source] ordinance-1914-181
- Vince Leonard. "Oak street: Roslyn Place, city's only wooden way, under repair." Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Aug. 2, 1985, p. 5. Newspapers.com 89734321. [view source] oak-street
- "Road blocks: City's only wood street preserved." Pittsburgh Press, July 30, 1985, p. B5. Newspapers.com 146329924. [view source] road-blocks