|Main Street (until 1930)|
|Risher Avenue (until 1930)|
|Traction Avenue (until 1930)|
The part of Interboro Avenue north of Mifflin Road was originally part of Main Street, which is still its name in Munhall. The segment between Muldowney Avenue and McElhinny Avenue was originally Risher Avenue, and the part south of McElhinny to Apdale Street was Traction Avenue. When Lincoln Place was annexed into the City of Pittsburgh in 1929, the name Main Street conflicted with Main Street in Lawrenceville, so all three streets were changed to Interboro Avenue by a city ordinance the following year.
- Main Street (disambiguation), for other streets that have had this name
- "An ordinance changing the names of certain avenues, streets, roads, alleys and ways in the 31st Ward of the City of Pittsburgh (formerly a portion of Mifflin Township)." Pittsburgh city ordinance, 1930, no. 100. Passed Mar. 24, 1930; approved Mar. 31, 1930. Ordinance Book 42, p. 388. Reprinted in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Apr. 7, 1930, p. 27 (Newspapers.com 88824970), and Apr. 8, p. 31 (Newspapers.com 88825039). [view source] ordinance-1930-100