|Elm Street (1864–1881)|
This street appears without a name (labeled just "Street") in the 1852 map of R. E. McGowin. It is labeled Elm Street in a plan of lots laid out in 1864 by Robert Wray and Augustus Hoeveler. (See East Liberty Boulevard for more about Hoeveler and his brothers.)
In 1881 a city ordinance established the names of all streets in Pittsburgh and renamed many of them to fix duplicates. There was already an Elm Street in the Lower Hill District, so this street in Bloomfield was changed to Edmond Street.
- R. E. McGowin. Map of the Cities of Pittsburgh and Allegheny and of the Boroughs of South-Pittsburgh, Birmingham, East-Birmingham, Lawrenceville, Duquesne & Manchester etc. Schuchman & Haunlein, Pittsburgh, 1852. view source] mcgowin-1852 . [
- "Plan of building lots situate in Peebles Township: Laid out for Messrs. Wray and Hoevelar [sic]." Laid out May 1864; recorded Oct. 6, 1865, Plan Book 3, pp. 78–79. Allegheny County Recorder of Deeds 3778516. [view source] wray-hoeveler-plan
- "An ordinance establishing the names of avenues, streets, lanes and alleys of the City of Pittsburgh." Pittsburgh city ordinance, 1881, no. 33. Passed Feb. 28, 1881; approved Mar. 4, 1881. Ordinance Book 5, p. 212. In Municipal Record: Minutes of the proceedings of the Select and Common Councils of the City of Pittsburgh, for the year 1880, pp. 213–234, Herald Printing Co., Pittsburgh, 1881 (Internet Archive pghmunicipalrecord1880). [view source] ordinance-1881-33