|Wall Street (until 1930)|
This street was originally named Wall Street. It was renamed Cosmos Street by a city ordinance in 1930, the year after Lincoln Place was annexed into the city of Pittsburgh.
Bob Regan includes "Cosmos" in a list of astronomy-related street names.
- "An ordinance changing the names of certain avenues, streets, roads, alleys and ways in the 31st Ward of the City of Pittsburgh (formerly a portion of Mifflin Township)." Pittsburgh city ordinance, 1930, no. 100. Passed Mar. 24, 1930; approved Mar. 31, 1930. Ordinance Book 42, p. 388. Reprinted in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Apr. 7, 1930, p. 27 (Newspapers.com 88824970), and Apr. 8, p. 31 (Newspapers.com 88825039). [view source] ordinance-1930-100
- Bob Regan. The Names of Pittsburgh: How the city, neighborhoods, streets, parks and more got their names, p. 68. The Local History Company, Pittsburgh, 2009, ISBN 978-0-9770429-7-5. [view source] regan