|Miller Avenue (until 1930)|
Barberry Street was originally named Miller Avenue (along with what is now Kinley Way, plus a short segment connecting the two that no longer exists). It was changed to Barberry Street by a city ordinance in 1930, the year after Lincoln Place was annexed into the City of Pittsburgh.
- "An ordinance changing the names of certain avenues, streets, roads, alleys and ways in the 31st Ward of the City of Pittsburgh (formerly a portion of Mifflin Township)." Pittsburgh city ordinance, 1930, no. 100. Passed Mar. 24, 1930; approved Mar. 31, 1930. Ordinance Book 42, p. 388. Reprinted in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Apr. 7, 1930, p. 27 (Newspapers.com 88824970), and Apr. 8, p. 31 (Newspapers.com 88825039). [view source] ordinance-1930-100