|Origin of name||Baltimore, Maryland|
Baltimore Avenue appears in the 1900 Hopkins atlas. After the annexation of Lincoln Place into the city of Pittsburgh in 1929, there seems to have been no official acceptance or change of the street name, but a 1930 ordinance naming unnamed streets and alleys refers to it as Baltimore Street. Current street signs say "Baltimore St."
Bob Regan includes "Baltimore" in a list of streets named for cities.
- Real Estate Plat-Book of the South-Eastern Vicinity of Pittsburgh, Penna.: From official records, private plans and actual surveys, plate 17. G. M. Hopkins & Co., Philadelphia, 1900. view source] hopkins-1900-southeast ; . [
- "An ordinance designating names for the unnamed streets and alleys, laid out in the various plans of lots, and the unnamed township roads, in the Thirty-first Ward of the City of Pittsburgh (formerly a portion of Mifflin Township)." Pittsburgh city ordinance, 1930, no. 99. Passed Mar. 24, 1930; approved Mar. 31, 1930. Ordinance Book 42, p. 385. In Municipal Record: Minutes of the proceedings of the Council of the City of Pittsburgh: For the year 1930, appendix, pp. 138–139, City Printing Company, Pittsburgh (Internet Archive Pghmunicipalrecord1930). [view source] ordinance-1930-99
- Bob Regan. The Names of Pittsburgh: How the city, neighborhoods, streets, parks and more got their names, p. 65. The Local History Company, Pittsburgh, 2009, ISBN 978-0-9770429-7-5. [view source] regan