Tilbury Avenue

From Pittsburgh Streets
Tilbury Avenue
Neighborhood Squirrel Hill South

Tilbury Avenue was located by a city ordinance in 1897[1] and officially opened by an ordinance in 1905.[2] It appears in the 1898 Hopkins atlas.[3]

References

  1. "An ordinance locating Tilbury avenue, from Shady avenue to McClure avenue." Pittsburgh city ordinance, 1897, no. 46. Passed May 10, 1897; approved May 13, 1897. Ordinance Book 11, p. 401. In Municipal Record: Minutes of the proceedings of the Common Council of the City of Pittsburgh, for the year 1897–98, appendix, p. 16, Devine & Co., Pittsburgh, 1898 (Internet Archive pghmunicipalrecordcommon1897). [view source]ordinance-1897-46
  2. "An ordinance authorizing the opening of Tilbury avenue, from Forward avenue to Nicholson street, and the assessment of damages caused by the grade of the same." Pittsburgh city ordinance, 1905, no. 171. Passed July 10, 1905; approved July 11, 1905. Ordinance Book 17, p. 172. In Municipal Record: Minutes of the proceedings of the [Select and Common Councils] of the City of Pittsburgh for the year 1905–1906, appendix, pp. 62–63, Devine & Co., Pittsburgh, 1906 (Internet Archive Pghmunicipalrecord1905). [view source]ordinance-1905-171
  3. Real Estate Plat-Book of the City of Pittsburgh, vol. 1, plate 23. G. M. Hopkins & Co., Philadelphia, 1898. http://historicpittsburgh.org/maps-hopkins/1898-volume-1-plat-book-pittsburgh-east. [view source]hopkins-1898-vol-1