|Origin of name||J. Noll|
Nollhill Street was originally named McBride Street. When Lincoln Place was annexed into the City of Pittsburgh in 1929, there were two McBride Streets, so the southern one was renamed Nollhill Street by a city ordinance the following year. (The northern one was renamed McBride Avenue.) The name Nollhill likely refers to J. Noll, who owned two acres of land between the end of this street and Mifflin Road.
- "An ordinance changing the names of certain avenues, streets, roads, alleys and ways in the 31st Ward of the City of Pittsburgh (formerly a portion of Mifflin Township)." Pittsburgh city ordinance, 1930, no. 100. Passed Mar. 24, 1930; approved Mar. 31, 1930. Ordinance Book 42, p. 388. Reprinted in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Apr. 7, 1930, p. 27 (Newspapers.com 88824970), and Apr. 8, p. 31 (Newspapers.com 88825039). [view source] ordinance-1930-100
- Real Estate Plat-Book of the South-Eastern Vicinity of Pittsburgh, Penna.: From official records, private plans and actual surveys. G. M. Hopkins & Co., Philadelphia, 1900. view source] hopkins-1900-southeast ; . [