Halket Place

From Pittsburgh Streets
Halket Place
Neighborhood Central Oakland
Origin of name Halket Street

Halket Place was officially named and opened in 1926.[1] It is named for its location alongside Halket Street.

Bob Regan includes Halket Place in his explanation of the origin of the name of Halket Street, which is named for Sir Peter Halkett, 2nd Baronet (1695–1755).[2]

See also

References

  1. "An ordinance approving a Plan of Lots in the Fourth Ward of the City of Pittsburgh, laid out by R. P. Alexander and S. W. Fleming, accepting the dedication of Halket Place as shown thereon for public use for highway purposes, opening and naming the same and establishing the grade thereon." Pittsburgh city ordinance, 1926, no. 184. Passed Apr. 19, 1926; approved Apr. 22, 1926. Ordinance Book 37, p. 222. In Municipal Record: Minutes of the proceedings of the Council of the City of Pittsburgh: For the year 1926, appendix, pp. 110–111, Smith Bros. Co. Inc., Pittsburgh (Internet Archive Pghmunicipalrecord1926). [view source]ordinance-1926-184
  2. Bob Regan. The Names of Pittsburgh: How the city, neighborhoods, streets, parks and more got their names, p. 69. The Local History Company, Pittsburgh, 2009, ISBN 978-0-9770429-7-5. [view source]regan