|Origin of name||Edward Davison|
Davison Street is named for Edward Davison, who laid out the portion of the street between modern Main Street and 42nd Street as part of a plan of lots in 1851. This street and the lots in Davison's plan appear in the 1852 map by R. E. McGowin.
- "Edward Davisons plan of lots: Diagram of a plan of building lots situate in the Borough of Lawrenceville Allegheny County Penna laid out at the instance and request and under the direction of Edward Davison Esq by Heastings and Preiser civil engineers and land surveyors Pittsburgh September 1851." Laid out Sept. 1851; recorded Dec. 18, 1862, Plan Book 2, p. 204. Allegheny County Recorder of Deeds 3778462. [view source] davison-plan
- R. E. McGowin. Map of the Cities of Pittsburgh and Allegheny and of the Boroughs of South-Pittsburgh, Birmingham, East-Birmingham, Lawrenceville, Duquesne & Manchester etc. Schuchman & Haunlein, Pittsburgh, 1852. view source] mcgowin-1852 . [