|Neighborhoods||East Liberty, Morningside|
|Origin of name||John Chislett|
Chislett Street is named for John Chislett (1800–1869), Pittsburgh architect. He designed the second Allegheny County Courthouse, built between 1836 and about 1841. He was also the first superintendent of the Allegheny Cemetery (1844–1867), laid out the cemetery grounds, and designed the Butler Street Gatehouse.
- George T. Fleming. "Old court house once famous edifice: Pile was an architectural ornament of the city for 40 years: Built by noted men." Pittsburgh Gazette Times, Oct. 22, 1916, fifth section, p. 2. Newspapers.com 85878931. [view source] fleming-court-house
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh: 1758–2008, p. 20. Images of America. Arcadia Publishing, Charleston, S. C., 2008, ISBN 978-0-7385-6317-6. LCCN 2008926675. [view source] pittsburgh-1758-2008
- Lisa Speranza and Nancy Foley. Allegheny Cemetery, p. 16. Images of America. Arcadia Publishing, Charleston, S. C., 2016, ISBN 978-1-4671-1738-8. LCCN 2016932608. [view source] speranza-foley