"Adding to the park: Allegheny common council authorizes the purchase of land." Pittsburg Press, July 13, 1894, [p. 3]. Newspapers.com 141536883.
A resolution to purchase 17 acres of ground in the Tenth ward, adjoining Watson park, for park purposes was adopted at a special meeting of Allegheny common councils last night. The price to be paid is $10,500. The ground will be an addition to the new Watson park.
A resolution was also adopted authorizing the payment of a judgment for $3,472.23, in favor of the Allegheny Heating company.By a resolution the water committee was instructed to confer with the Pittsburg authorities with regard to making a connecton [sic] with the water mains of the two cities for mutual protection. The resolution was passed unanimously. Ordinances passed were as follows: Vacating sidewalks on Montgomery, Union, Irwin and Ridge avenues; changing the name of Webster street to Sherman avenue; awarding the contract for an electric light building to R. C. Tannehill, for $21,500; for sewers on Rush, Filbert, Lowery, Chartiers and Heckelman streets and California avenue.