Notes:Wallingford Street

From Pittsburgh Streets

To do

Source:Fleming-neville: "In the way of geneology [sic] the Neville blood is traced through many prominent families of Pittsburgh, and in direct descent. Among them are the Craig, Shields, Chaplin, Davison, Wallingford and Corning families, the latter three the married names of Neville B. Craig's daughters. ¶ This reminds us we have Craig and Wallingford streets, also."

To do

Source:Fleming-neville-craig: "Not all the names of the Craig connection are commemorated here. The late Isaac Craig, for many years one of the shining lights of the old Historical Society with Judge John E. Park, the Rev. A. A. Lambing and others, had three sisters, Mrs. Comingo, Mrs. Davison and Mrs. Wallingford. We have Wallingford street, but no Comingo street. We have Davison street in Lawrenceville from the well-known Davison family in that section."

To do

Source:Miller, p. 52: "That part of the farm which lies south of Fifth Avenue was bought by William Dithridge, a glass manufacturer, and laid out in lots as East Pittsburgh. Mr. Henry Lloyd afterwards bought the Dithridge house (opposite the Bellefield Church) and most of the land. He laid out Neville Street, Craig, and Dithridge Streets, as well as Bayard and Wallingford Streets, all of which perpetuate names of the Craig family connection."

To do

Source:Miller-chronicles, pp. 3–4.

Source:Frey, p. 134: "Neville B. Craig, graduate of Princeton, was a scholar, lawyer, writer and historian. In 1829, he became the editor of the Gazette which he published until 1841. Owner of a farm on the present site of Carnegie Library, he named the land 'Bellefield' in honor of his wife, Isabella Wilson. When the Bellefield farm was eventually divided into city blocks, the family names, Bellefield, Craig, Neville and Wallingford were all used as street names."