From Pittsburgh Streets
|Origin of name||Nero|
Nero Way was officially named and opened as part of the Belhurst Garden Plan of Lots by a city ordinance in 1924.
- "An ordinance approving the 'Belhurst Gardens' Plan of Lots in the Twenty-eighth Ward of the City of Pittsburgh, laid out by the Royal Realty Company, accepting the dedication of Belhurst avenue, Selina way, Chartiers avenue, Eyre way, Ladley way, Merle street, Nero way, Pinney way, Suter street, Vedas way, Warfle street, Wind Gap avenue and Zela way as shown thereon for public use for highway purposes, opening and naming the same and establishing the grades thereon." Pittsburgh city ordinance, 1924, no. 3. Passed Jan. 21, 1924; approved Jan. 23, 1924. Ordinance Book 35, p. 186. In Municipal Record: Minutes of the proceedings of the Council of the City of Pittsburgh for the year 1924, appendix, p. 2, Kaufman Printing Company, Pittsburgh (Internet Archive Pghmunicipalrecord1924). [view source] ordinance-1924-3
- Bob Regan. The Names of Pittsburgh: How the city, neighborhoods, streets, parks and more got their names, p. 63. The Local History Company, Pittsburgh, 2009, ISBN 978-0-9770429-7-5. [view source] regan