AN ORDINANCE — Authorizing the opening of Fifty-fourth street from Butler street to McCandless avenue.
Whereas, It appears that a majority in interest has petitioned for the opening of Fifty-fourth street from Butler street to McCandless avenue; therefore,
Section 1. Be it ordained and enacted by the City of Pittsburgh, in Select and Common Councils assembled, and it is hereby ordained and enacted by the authority of the same, That the City Engineer be and he is hereby authorized and directed to survey and open within sixty days from the passage of this Ordinance, 54th street from Butler street to McCandless avenue, at a width of fifty feet, in accordance with a plan on file in the Engineer's Office, approved by Councils 30th day of December, 1872, and an Ordinance relocating the same, passed by Councils, the 11th day of May, A. D. 1874. The damages caused thereby and the benefits to pay the same to be assessed and collected in accordance with the provisions of an Act of Assembly entitled "An Act concerning Streets and Sewers in the City of Pittsburgh," approved January 6th, 1864, and the several supplements thereto.
Sec. 2. That any ordinance, or part of ordinance, conflicting with the passage of this ordinance at the present time, be and the same is hereby repealed so far as the same affects this ordinance.
Ordained and enacted into a law, in Councils, this 6th day of December, A. D. 1875.
A. H. GROSS,
President of Select Council.
Attest: E. S. Morrow,
Clerk of Select Council.
W. B. NEGLEY,
President of Common Council.
Attest: Geo. Booth,
Clerk of Common Council.
Approved Dec. 10, 1875.
Recorded in Ordinance Book, vol. 4, page 165, Jan. —, A. D. 1876. ja4