From Pittsburgh Streets

No. 148.

AN ORDINANCE—Authorizing the opening of Quarry street, formerly known as Quarry Run Road, from South Twenty-first street to South Eighteenth street extension.

Section 1. Be it ordained and enacted by the City of Pittsburgh, in Select and Common Councils assembled, and it is hereby ordained and enacted by the authority of the same, That the City Engineer be and is hereby authorized and directed to survey and open within sixty days from the date of the passage of this ordinance Quarry street (old Quarry Run Road), from South Twenty-first street to South Eighteenth street extension, at a width of 50 feet, in accordance with Mary O. Phillips plan, a plan on file in the Engineer's office recorded in Plan Book vol. 5, page 244.

The damages caused thereby and the benefits to pay the same to be assessed and collected in accordance with the provisions of an Act of Assembly of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, entitled "An Act authorizing and directing Councils of cities of the second class to provide for the improvement of streets, lanes, alleys and public highways, sewers and sidewalks, requiring plans of streets, providing for the appointment of a board of viewers of street improvements, prescribing their duties, granting appeals to Councils and court, providing for the assessment and collection of damages and benefits, authorizing the use of private property, and providing for filing liens and regulating proceedings thereon, and prohibiting the use of public streets without authority of Councils," approved the 14th day of June, A. D. 1887.

Sec. 2. That any ordinance, or part of ordinance, conflicting with the provisions of this ordinance, be and the same is hereby repealed, so far as the same affects this ordinance.

Passed Nov. 28th, 1887.

Approved Dec. 9th, 1887.

Ordinance Book 6, page 253.