Neighborhood: Brighton Heights
Named for William B. McClure (1807–1861), seventh president judge of the Court of Common Pleas (1850–1861). He was followed by James P. Sterrett, eponym of Sterrett Street.[1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
Lambing, A. A., and White, J. W. F. Allegheny County: Its Early History and Subsequent Development. Snowden & Peterson, Pittsburgh, 1888, pp. 107–108, 119. Google Books 6bY-AAAAYAAJ; HathiTrust 008957728, 100693049; Historic Pittsburgh 00aee8946m; Internet Archive centennialhistor00lamb; LCCN 18008828.
Miller, Annie Clark. Early Land Marks and Names of Old Pittsburgh: An address delivered before the Pittsburgh Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution at Carnegie Institute, Nov. 30, 1923. Pittsburgh Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution, 1924, p. 34. Historic Pittsburgh 00awn8211m; Internet Archive earlylandmarksna00mill.
Regan, Bob. The Names of Pittsburgh: How the city, neighborhoods, streets, parks and more got their names. The Local History Company, Pittsburgh, 2009, p. 61. ISBN 978-0-9770429-7-5.
Wilson, Erasmus, ed. Standard History of Pittsburg, Pennsylvania. H. R. Cornell & Co., Chicago, 1898. Google Books 1dcwAQAAMAAJ.